So you're getting a cute little female puppy, now you've got to come up with a sensational, fitting and appropriate female dog name. No doubt you want to attach a female dog name to your puppy that is just right for her individual character and personality. At the same time you'll want a name that is unique and one that you can be proud of.
Naming your female dog is a big, long lasting decision so it's worth putting in some time, effort and research to come up with a name you are happy with. This page has been put together for that very reason - to help you in your search for a cool girl dog name. After all you will be using it approximately 50,000 times in the next ten to fifteen years - good luck!
These girls deserve a cute puppy name
Female Dog Names - Lets Find A Good One
Below you will find some great general tips that will help you to pinpoint some excellent female dog names
. If you prefer to jump straight into hundreds and hundreds of examples of cute dog names click here - female dog names.
- Many female puppies are named after a favorite movie star, sports star, cartoon character, singer or media personality. You'll find plenty of Angelinas, Charlizes, Beyonces and Katies out there in the dog world!
- Another good place to search out a good female dog name is to research the history and origin of your dog's breed.
- I find that it's very helpful to have your little girl puppy in front of you when coming up with ideas for her name. You may choose to match a name to her personality, temperament, any quirky habits she has or her appearance.
- Search through the lists of female dog names located further down this page - you're sure to find some that take your fancy.
- If you have a purebred puppy complete with papers you can look back through the family tree of your dog. This may help you come up with a very suitable name and carry on the family tradition/name. This is the most common method used when people name race horses.
- Often when you first set your eyes on a puppy a highly suitable name will simply jump into your mind - there's no need to rush into a decision before you have even seen your little girl.
- Involve your family in the naming process - sit down and have a brainstorming session together. Throw up any female dog names you can think of, be creative, unique and even unusual. You'll come up with some awesome names throughout this process.
- Ensure that the female dog name you decide on will continue to suit your puppy later in life as well. Cute puppy names can get a bit tired as your dog grows into a big strong adult.
- When you have decided on a name (or have a shortlist of suitable female dog names) do a google search to determine the meaning of the name. Be careful.
- Shorter names are better - one or two syllables is usually best. It's easier for your dog to understand and quicker for you to call out in an emergency.
- Remember you will be using your dog's name in public - so keep it nice and clean!
- Do not select a female dog name that sounds similar to an obedience training command that you may use in the future. Avoid names that sound similar to sit, stay, leave it, down, come etc...
- Do not select a name that is similar to a family member or friend - this just confuses the issue for your dog. Make your female dog name distinctive and different.
- Once you've decided on your perfect name, stick with it. Try not to confuse things by using different nicknames or through different family members using a variety of names.
- Female Dog Names Database with Thousands of Adult and Female Puppy Dog Names
- Girl Dog Names From All Over The World
- Thousands Of Popular Dog Names Listed Alphabetically
- Over Three Thousand Girl Dog Names - Including An Interactive Search Function
- Female Puppy Names Listed By Breed Type, Country Of Origin & Coat Color
- Another Great List Of Cute Dog Names
- Check Out This Great Resource For Choosing A Cute Female Dog Name
If you plan to raise, socialize and train your dog yourself at home I'd recommend you follow this comprehensive dog ownership package to guide you through the process.
This package will take you step by step through the puppy house training period, crate training, solving problem behaviors and teaching all the basic obedience training commands.
Other pages on my site that you may be interested in:
How to choose a puppy out of a litter.
Learn how to socialize your puppy to the outside world.
Discover how to raise and train your puppy the right way.
Puppy house training schedule - this one actually works!
Discover The Truth About How To Properly Feed Your Puppy