ClickerTraining: The 4 Secrets To Becoming A Supertrainer
Ebook Review: Conducted November 29, 2010 by Chris Smith
Straight off the top I'm going to give myself up here. I'll let you in on the fact that this is a fantastic dog training tool. Clickertraining: The 4 Secrets Of Becoming A Supertrainer is a much needed and long overdue training guide for those of us who like to use positive, non violent, reward based dog training methods.
I'm sure this clicker training package is going to be a big hit with dog lovers worldwide. The authors Morten Egtvedt and Cecilie Koeste have put together a great resource which covers in detail the history, principles, theory and practical application of clicker training techniques. They have found the right balance between educating the reader and also providing clear and concise step-by-step instruction.
What Is Covered In Clickertraining: The 4 Secrets Of Becoming A Supertrainer
The short answer is "a whole lot"
. The book contains more than 200 pages of expert advice and easy to follow clicker training
examples. You can view a more comprehensive list of contents and features on the Canis Clicker Training Academy
Some of the more beneficial information I personally gained from this clicker training download are:
- A great overview and explanation of the scientific principles behind clicker training. These methods have been tested and proven time and time again in the animal training world. The best thing about them is that they work - far more effectively than any other dog traininig techniques I have come across.
- The 7 different ways your dog learns - and how to use this to your advantage.
- The overwhelming focus of this method is on teaching and reinforcing your dog's desirable behaviors rather than on punishing those that are undesirable. This is in contrast to many dog training technique you may have employed in the past - and your dog will be very pleased with this.
- There's a great piece on how to properly motivate your dog/s. Finding and using the right motivation for your dog is absolutely crucial to your success as a clicker trainer.
- How to correctly introduce the clicker to your dog - what they call "charging the clicker".
- Easy to follow step-by-step instruction on several behaviors/commands such as sit, down and the retrieve. There's actually 30 different behaviors covered in detail within Clickertraining: The 4 Secrets Of Becoming A Supertrainer. Plus once you learn the underlying theory behind clicker training you can pretty much train your dog to do anything you desire.
- As well as the downloadable ebook you also receive 4 clicker training videos which you can view online. These videos are an excellent tool because you actually get to see some real life clicker training exercises conducted by professional clicker trainers. This vision helps to clarify the clicker training process in quick time.
The Video Above Provides A Brief Introduction To Clicker Training
Who Is This Clicker Training Package For?
Basically I'd recommend this training resource to anyone who wishes to improve the behavior of their dog/s. Alternatively if you are in the process of just bringing a new puppy into your life, this book would be most beneficial (you'll be very glad you found it).
Whether you are a complete newbie or have years of experience with other types of dog training methods (like me), Clickertraining: The 4 Secrets Of Becoming A Supertrainer will prove to be a highly valuable resource.
You can visit the website here - www.clickertrainingacademy.com